Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
There is an emerging global epidemic of diabetes. In the UK alone, 3.2 million people are diagnosed with the disease and an estimated 630,000 people have the condition but don't know it. It is believed that deaths from diabetes will rise by more than 50% in the next ten years. Simple lifestyle measures can be effective in preventing or delaying the onset of this chronic, debilitating and often deadly disease.
Benefits of the Course
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Improve your understanding of the various forms and causes of diabetes
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Create better preventative care by being able to identify early signs of diabetes
- Understanding diabetes
- Prevention and early intervention of type 2 diabetes
- Understanding the initial care of diabetes
- Understanding the treatment and management of diabetes
Online e-learning materials and written assessments.
We expect this course to take around 6-12 weeks to complete.
To be eligible to take part in our SSW training you must:
- Be 16+
- Be employed
- Have lived in the EU for the last three years
Upon completion of this qualification, you could go on to complete:
Find out more
Fill out the form to find out more about our SSW training programmes.