Frequently Asked Questions

If you're having trouble finding the answers you're looking for then browse through our frequently asked questions for more information. 


How old do I have to be to enrol onto an apprenticeship?

Learners must be aged 16 to 64 years and have left full time education.

So who pays for my apprenticeship?

If you are aged between 16 to 18, training will be fully funded 100% by the Government. Those aged between 19 and 24 will be funded for 50% of the training cost by the Government and 50% by the employer. Funding for those aged 25+ is currently being reviewed by the Government and a new system will be in place soon. 

What type of employee benefits do I receive as an apprentice?

It depends on your employer and what they are able to offer their staff, but as an apprentice you will receive the same benefits as any other employees,

How much does an apprentice get paid?

Apprentices are entitled to the minimum apprenticeship salary of £3.70 an hour. This can vary from employer to employer as they may choose to pay more than this and offer other benefits to the apprentice.

How can I find and apply for an apprenticeship?

You can apply for our vacancies by registering your details with Train. To do this, contact us today. Once you are registered, one of the team from Train4 will contact you about vacancies in your area.


What is the difference between an apprenticeship and a traineeship?

A Traineeship is a short-term training programme, it is focused on giving young people the skills and experience needed to progress on to an Apprenticeship or employment.

An Apprenticeship is a real job. You'll be working alongside experienced people, learning from them as you go. Working at least 30 hours a week, you’ll gain a lot of the training you need in the workplace. 

Do I get paid?

No, but you will gain on-the-job experience, a nationally recognised qualification and training which can lead to a paid apprenticeship or another form of employment.

How much does a Traineeship cost?

Traineeship programmes are funded by the government so there are no costs involved.

Will I get a job in the end?

This isn’t guaranteed, but is what we should be aiming for! You will have the opportunity to apply for Apprenticeships or other employment in an area of your preference. The skills you will gain as part of work preparation and careers will prepare you for application and interview processes.

How long does a Traineeship last?

The maximum length of time a traineeship can last is six months, although depending on the requirements of each individual, they can last anything up to this time.


How long until I get my CSCS card?

Your course results are usually with you within 3 weeks of course completion and you can then take your CITB Health, Safety & Environment Test. Upon successfully passing this test we will be able to send off for your CSCS Operatives Card, which usually takes around 3/4 weeks to process.

The process and cost of applying for your CSCS card is included as part of the programme.

Where can I work with my CSCS Card?

You should be able to work on any construction site that requires proof of your training/ qualifications. Most principal contractors and major house builders require workers to hold valid cards.

Am I assured my CSCS Card?

Your card is pending on successful completion of the course and CITB Health, Safety & Environment Test. So put in the time and effort to secure success.


How long until I get my SIA licence?

Your results are usually with you within 2/3 weeks of course completion and SIA applications are completed as part of the programme. The SIA will carry out the necessary checks and process your application within around 6 weeks.

Why is it a ‘Door Supervisors’ course?

The Door Supervisor licence allows you to work in many different areas of the industry, allowing you access to assignments in both licensed and licensed premises.

Where can I work with my SIA licence?

A Door Supervisor License is very flexible and allows you to work across a broad range of premises and events.

This includes retail and static work, pubs and clubs, sporting events, festivals and concerts. It also enables you to be part of major events such as the Tour de France and Commonwealth Games.

Am I assured my licence?

Your application is pending on successful completion of the course. So put in the time and effort to secure your licence.

What if I have a criminal conviction?

The SIA website has a section where you can check whether you will be able to get approval for a licence - www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk. 

What if I have a complaint?

If you do have any complaints whilst on one of our courses, please follow our complaints policy and procedure.

Find out more

Fill out the form to find out more about our training programs.